Monday, July 31, 2017

Little Mermaids

So I made mermaid tails for each of my kids crochet dolls and for my own doll, then I got my daughter to set up an underwater scene for the dolls - a friend who makes doll stuff with me also joined our little under water party and we had some fun with a photo session!  I think it came out so cute!  I started with the fee pattern on the Red Heart website - but I adjusted it some.  I used fingering weight yarn and instead of working it in one square piece and then closing up the seam, I worked the top in a flat piece and added a snap at the top and worked the tail part in a round.  I used some pretty variegated sock yarn to get some really cute scale looking tails for the dolls.  I can add the specifics of my changes if anyone is interested!  


No comments:

Post a Comment