Sunday, September 8, 2019

Doll House Adventure Part 2

So this week I have been working on some Master Bedroom furniture.  I started with a bed - this picture was the inspiration for the bed and headboard.  I'm not crazy about the rest of the pieces though.  


I'm close to getting the bed and headboard done - here's what I have on the headboard so far.  First I planned out the furniture pieces I wanted and tried to figure out the sizes for the room. 



This is the headboard with the main structure in place.  


Here I added the doors - I used pins to hinge them in place - I am mostly happy with it, but being a bit of a perfectionist - it bothers me that they are perfectly straight....  but not enough to go remake the whole thing... 


This is it with a coat of paint - The doors will be a wood stain color like in the above picture.  I will put a back on it - but I want a very thin wood for that - and I need to hit the craft store for a big enough piece.  


I have also been working on the bed frame part - but I will post more on that next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment