Sunday, September 29, 2019

Doll House Adventure Part 4

I'm kind of at a holding spot on the bed, so I got to work on the night stands.  This was my inspiration



These are the cut pieces for the basic frame.


Basic frame glued together.


And then there were two... sorry, it's upside down!


I wanted a tapered leg for that mid-century modern look - so I borrowed a pencil sharpener from my daughter and cut 8 half inch tapered legs.



Then I sanded the top to an angle so they would stick out a bit!


Here is the unit with it's cute little legs


And now with the little drawers.  I cut the wood for the drawers after finishing the base unit to help ensure fit.


Now all that is left is painting them and figuring out handles...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the furniture. What type of wood did you use and what did you cut it with? How did you hold it together? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I used a combination of Bass wood (you can get it in sheets at Hobby Lobby) and varying sizes of popsicle sticks (you can get these at craft stores and even at places like Walmart and Target.) The legs on the night stands are just wooden skewers. I cut them with an x-acto knife - the sharper the better. I put everything together with Gorilla Wood glue!

      Delete